Thursday, August 30

POTATO BASIL FRITTATA.

I made this recipe before we went on our hike earlier this month. David kept telling me how much he loved it, which if you know him at all, is kind of big deal. I adapted the recipe from here to make it a little more budget friendly (less Gruyere and add a few shallots).

Potato Basil Fritatta
serves 8-10

8 T. butter, divided
4 peeled and diced red potatoes
2-3 shallots, finely diced
8 eggs
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1/4 lb. Gruyere, grated
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. chopped fresh basil
1/3 c. flour
3/4 t. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 3 T. of butter in a 10 in. omelet pan or skillet over med-high heat. Add potatoes and shallots and fry until cooked through, 10-15 minutes. Melt remaining 5 T. butter, set aside. Whisk eggs in a large bowl, stir in cheeses, melted butter, salt, pepper and butter. Sprinkle flour and baking powder and stir into egg mixture. Pour egg mixture over potatoes and shallots and place pan in over. Bake until browned and puffed, 50- 60 minutes. Fritatta should be rounded and firm in center; knife inserted into center should come out clean.

Best served any time of day, really!

Enjoy!
-Amanda

7 comments:

  1. Yum! I want to try this. (And I kind of love that plate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds/looks delish. And I love that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. I think Eric would like it, too (potatos and cheese are usually winners). What size skillet do you use? I think mine is about ten inches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Frittatas and omelets are my go-to for Sunday lunches, so we'll definitely try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so good! never made it but now I have to!!

    ReplyDelete